It’s TOMATO SEASON people! Tomato salad is my favorite summer side! I love this time of year and if you’ve been to our Instagram, you know we are using our own tomatoes from our little garden space. We are getting a lot and have 6 kinds of tomato we are growing! So enough about my love of tomatoes…let’s talk TOMATO SALAD.
So when I lived in Slovenia this was made often for us. I loved it so much! It was always fresh and tasty and gave a nice chilled side to some delicious grilled meats. I am making it the way I enjoyed it there. It is simple, only 5 ingredients with amazing flavors.
So I am going to apologize now for the pumpkin seed oil in the recipe, but I tell you, the flavor is so unique it’s worth the higher price (I am warning you here, when you find it at the store, it’s pricy). You’re going to know why I have it on this salad. It’s nothing you’ve ever tasted, and I hope you love it as much as I do.
4 fresh heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges and then in half
1 onion, sliced into half rings then separated
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons of pumpkin seed oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Salt to taste
Toss all ingredients together and chill about 1 hour before serving. Toss again to coat with dressing then serve.
- 4 fresh heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges and then in half
- 1 onion, sliced thinly into half rings then separated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of pumpkin seed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Toss all ingredients together and chill about 1 hour before serving. Toss again to coat with dressing then serve.