This is the last recipe from the spiral ham this summer…I promise! I loved the challenge though! It kept my kitchen cooler, made me think outside the box a bit, and totally got me out of any comfort zone that I had. I am making this one for a Block Party my neighborhood is having this weekend! It’s fresh. It’s easy. It’s delicious!
I took the flavor profiles from our trip to Greece back in June. That’s what inspired me to make this with the fresh summer ingredients that I used. There, everything that was sold in the farmer’s market was picked fresh at the perfect ripeness. It was amazing. This salad reminds me of the flavors and fresh ingredients we enjoyed while there. I hope you enjoy this as much as we have.
|2 cups uncooked couscous|
|1 cup ham cut into small pieces|
|1 cucumber, pealed and diced|
|1 zucchini, diced|
|1 cup feta crumbles|
|1 cup chopped Italian parsley|
|zest of one lemon|
|½ cup lemon juice|
|¼ cup olive oil|
|salt and pepper to taste|
Cook couscous according to instructions.
Zest lemon and mix with olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients for salad and blend well together. Pour over dressing and combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 cup ham cut into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, pealed and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- zest of one lemon
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook couscous according to instructions.
- Zest lemon and mix with olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for salad and blend well together. Pour over dressing and combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.